|Home » |
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Alphabet
|CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.|
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Alphabet
Newly redesigned, alphabet-themed set includes plenty of colorful, generously-sized wooden magnets
Includes upper and lower case letters
Enrich a child's imagination
Makes learning fun
Exceptional quality and value
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 268 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 268 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
180 of 182 found the following review helpful:
Wow! These are awesome!Mar 26, 2003
By Amber Delaine
This is one of the greatest toys I've ever seen. The letters are made of wood and the front is painted with a smooth, bright, shiny enamel. The best part is that the entire back of the letter is magnetic, not just a little piece like those cheap plastic magnetic letters. These will not fall off and they are plenty strong enough to hold artwork up on the fridge. The come in a durable wooden box with a clear plastic top that slides on and off. They are much bigger than the plastic alphabet magnets so they are easier for little kids to handle without choking. There are both upper and lowercase so there are plenty of letters to make words. My daughter loves playing with them on the fridge and dishwasher. We even gave a set to her 1 year old cousin as a birthday present. I would recommend them to anyone. Believe me, they are well worth the price and your kids will be able to hand them down to their children.
78 of 81 found the following review helpful:
The best set of ABC magnets out there!Jan 21, 2004
By Nikol Le Vine
Like a lot of people, I grew up with those plastic alphabet letters on my fridge. So when my son was around 2 years old, I figured it was about time to get a set for our home. We were fortunate enough to get this set as a gift. I was truly impressed! This set is by far superior to any others I've seen on the market. They're large and colorful, and the entire back of the letter is a magnet. Not just one little square. They really stay put on the fridge! I also like that they're wood. Sure, bite marks would probably show up more on the wood than on plastic. But overall, I think the wood is far more sturdy and durable. All the letters come in a nice wood box with a sliding clear lid, making it easy to keep everything together. You really couldn't ask for more!
38 of 39 found the following review helpful:
Great for learning preschoolers!Jan 06, 2002
All I must say is that these letters are soooo durable. The back of the letters are all magnetic where as the plastic ones only have a little piece of magnet to hold them to the refrigerator, so everytime the fridge closes one always seems to fall off, but NOT these they hold on and I really like that. The colors are very bright and they have helped my 2 year old learn her colors. I only wish they made more differnt colors than just 4. Another thing I love is that these come in upper case and lower case so you have more letters to make into words. They do cost more than the other ones but well worth it.
350 of 401 found the following review helpful:
THESE CONTAIN LEAD in the Magnets!Apr 02, 2009
By L. Talcott-Travis
I thought these were SO COOL, then I had them tested at a local free lead testing for kids toys and they came back POSITIVE. Further research at Healthytoys dot org showed that the magnets contain a MEDIUM level of LEAD!!!. If you child is extra careful not to touch the magnet parts then I guess these are fine, but if your child is like mine and likes to touch the entire thing and then put his fingers in his mouth, these are too dangerous.
Healthytoys dot org lists lots of toys as both safe and unsafe, according to brand. It's good to be careful these days.
30 of 31 found the following review helpful:
CAN'T CLEAN THESE LETTERS IN WATERJan 05, 2004
The letters are large, the whole backside is magnetic, they are made of two pieces of wood stuck together. One piece is magnetic while the other has a piece of shiny paper stuck on it. Unfortunately, you can't wash them because the paper slowly detaches from the wood and they end up looking very ugly. I decided to remove the paper, and remained with the brown wood. If they were washable they would have been the best letters out there. My kid prefers the plastic letters because we get to clean them when they are dirty and still look attractive.
I am buying another set of letters and it won't be these ones.
See all 268 customer reviews on Amazon.com